Regardless of your feelings, here are some facts that are interesting to some, unknown by most, and will enhance your knowledge of the largest social network in the world.
- Facebook was originally bankrolled by a co-founder of Paypal for $500,000.
- There is evidence that founder Mark Zuckerberg stole many of the ideas and much of the code from ConnectU. They sued Facebook and settled for an undisclosed amount.
- 400,000,000 people log into their profile at least once a month.
- Half of those people log in every day.
- 70% of Facebook users live outside of the US.
- 44.1% of Denmark has an active Facebook profile.
- Only Google gets more traffic than facebook.
- Yahoo! tried to buy Facebook in 2006 for $1,000,000,000.
- 8,300,000,000 hours are spent on Facebook monthly.
Happy Blogging :)